Monday, November 06, 2006

Circus Circus!

Driving through the fast lanes, it’s exhilarating, and boring; especially if you've treaded the same road since the past 20 years. But if you have a pal who’s been by your side since time immemorial; this life and the past; then it’s quite a trip. Don’t feel spooky, as much as it’s difficult to digest, for all purposes it may be true!

Well, getting on with this memoir; one fine Tuesday morning (today), in the midst of the drive to the office with my pal, we come across a circus. It’s the infamous circus dome laid across the Mahim fisherman’s lane. As we cross by, my pal begins to discuss how my two year old son would enjoy going to the circus; how he’d seen the royal Russian circus when in Iran and how the ice skating team in the dome would display fantastic acrobatics.

Suddenly he smiles and mentions how my son would change his perspective of wild animals as he would see them all tamed and timid, performing acts in the arena. “Yes” to that I mention. And wonder, what’s the difference?

Someone somewhere always drives another. We feel forced when a finger full of instructions points in our direction. Yet we do not hesitate that single moment before doing that to others. We’re no better than the lion who dances at the sound of the whip. Only we do it for money, the lion for food. Only we’re free not to, but yet do so, the lion is not. Only we retaliate and feel happy, the lion may feel dead.

All hour long after passing by the fisherman’s lane, I awed at the exuberance of being at a circus and my pals’ usual acrobatic words when describing such instances. All in all, the office had arrived with one thought and one verdict in my intellect.

Thought: I’d never seen a circus!
Verdict: My son would never have the same thought; EVER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm. And welcome, btw :)

Anonymous said...

hmm. And welcome, btw :)